Friday, December 4, 2009

A Christmas Treasure

Last year I made a 25 days of December mini album, which I was thrilled with. But with all the business of the season, taking a picture everyday for this album was a lot of pressure to me. This year I have made a little album that I can fill with my favorite holiday pictures and not worry about documenting everyday of the Christmas season. The base of this album is made with 7 Gypsies naked paper bags and creme card stock. I used lots of 7 Gypsies products as well as some vintage appliques that were given to me by my Mother in Law, when she cleaned out her quilting stash. I love these little appliques and I have been saving them for just the right project and here it is.

I used a Starbucks cup cover as a banner.
The pages made out of 7 Gypsies naked paper bags will hold tags for journaling and additional pictures. I gave the edges of my pages a distressed look by using adhesive and applying 7 Gypsies rubbings in silver and gold. I also added some beads to add dimension.

I loved making this little treasure to hold our holiday memories for 2009.

5 comments:

Jillian said...

Wow! Gorgeous! So many creative, fun touches!! :)

Anonymous said...

your mini looks fantastic!!!!!!! stunning work!

Kristine said...

posted at Creative Mini Albums!
Thank you for sharing Susan!!!

http://creativeminialbums.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-treasure.html

Carmen said...

Just saw this little gem at Creative Albums. It's just so sweet!! I love it!

Charlene Austin said...

This is incredible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...